Families & Pets
The Hopewell Rocks park is family-oriented. You’ll also find it:
Affordable: We have entrance rates that are valid for two consecutive days (added flexibility for busy travel schedules), reasonably priced food service, and a gift shop brimming with ‘kid stuff’.
Accessible: Wide groomed pathways and trails throughout the park are suitable for pushing strollers or wheelchairs. Our trail system provides for easy, short hikes (20 minutes), but those who prefer motorized transportation may choose our shuttle service for a nominal charge.
Please note: The beach area is reached via stairways. The sand is soft and some beach areas must be accessed by navigating narrow pathways between large rocks. We recommend baby slings or backpack child carriers for the very young.
Convenient: All washrooms have infant diaper change stations and a children’s playground is located near the main entrance and interpretive centre. The park has two cafes, picnic shelters, viewing decks, walking trails and 2 km of beach area for exploring.
Educational: You’ll find our interactive Interpretive Centre will appeal to all your senses: colourful information panels, large visual and touchable displays that children enjoy, short video and audio clips. Also see our online image gallery.
Pet-Friendly: The Hopewell Rocks welcomes pets and provides water and drinking bowls in various locations throughout the park.
In return, we request that you respect the following guidelines:
- Never leave your pet alone and unattended. We highly caution pet owners against leaving animals in the parked vehicle. Our parking lot has no shade and vehicles can heat up quickly.
- Pet owners must be in control of their pet at all times.
- Pets must be kept on a leash (of maximum length of 3 metres) while in the park and surrounding areas.
- Pet owners and guardians must observe stoop and scoop laws and clean up after their pet(s).
- Pets are restricted from all buildings, with the exception of seeing-eye dogs and/or service dogs.
- Nervous or aggressive pets must wear a muzzle.